URGENT JOB VACANCY
The Messenger Band is a group of garment factory workers with six members founded by Womyn’s Agenda for change in 2005 and they work on promote the social justice and equality. In the year 2009, MB registered as Association at Ministry of Interior. In 2012, MB became a member of United sisterhood Alliance “Us”.
MB collects history and contemporary stories from farmers, sex workers, garment factory workers and landless people and use the content of their narratives as lyrics to their songs. MB uses social research for raising awareness and advocacy through performances, cultural, arts and songs. The band is a great supplementary educational and advocacy tools to support Us member organisations and people’s movements. MB is seeking Cambodian applicants for the position of Interim Team Leader (ITL).
We are looking for someone who is committed to grassroots and feminist empowerment, and has proven skills in team building, to lead MB members in a process of team strengthening and planning for a period of four to six months.
The ITL will work with MB members to analyse the strengths and challenges that they face in their work and help them to develop a concrete but strategic plan for their future development. This plan must be the result of ITL’s collaboration with MB and must demonstrate MB ownership and commitment. The ITL will work with MB members to understand their situation and to consider the various options that are open to them as a team. The ITL will also consult and collaborate with the United Sisterhood Alliance (Us), relevant civil society groups, donors and any other key stakeholders, taking into account the current and future potential of MB.
Interim Team Leader (1 position)
Duties and key responsibilities:
• Read and become familiar with the history and achievements of MB to date.
• Work with MB members and staff to analyse their strengths and challenges as a group and as individuals. This should be done over the course of 3-6 months during which time the ITL will observe and support MB’s ongoing work, leading them in the process of planning their day to day work.
• Facilitate a process by which MB members agree on some concrete approaches to build on their strengths and to meet the challenges of their work together.
• Suggest possible models of cooperation and management that are compatible with MB’s chosen direction.
• Lead MB in a process of choosing a realistic vision of what they want MB to become, and developing a plan to work towards that goal.
• Provide MB members with practical skills to understand and work together as a team.
• Provide strategic leadership and capacity development to help MB to realize its vision.
• Must have a proven ability to carry out the tasks listed above.
• Demonstrated skills in team building, preferably at grassroots level.
• Tertiary degree or equivalent.
• Demonstrated experience in applying programs that are inspired by feminism and solidarity at grassroots level.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in either Khmer or English and preferably in both.
• Experience in working and/or studying abroad is preferable.
• Computer literacy
Submission of Applications:
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs and letter of interest (with a recent photo) to our office: #3-4, St 339, SK Boeung KakI, KH Toul Kork, Phnom Penh no later than 5: 00PM of September 28th, 2016. For more information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 077955369 or 089924516 (Please Let us know your salary expectation). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Women Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.